Wednesday, April 04, 2007

FYI: Rosie's The View's Conspiracy Theory Advertisers: Naming Names

Here is a list of some of Rosie O'Donnell's sponsors who support her anti-American---blame America first---conspiracy theory rants, thanks to HotAir TV. Not only am I not going to buy these products while they sponsor her madness, I'm even going to contact some, if not all, these companies to tell them I am withdrawing my buying power.

Gerard Van der Leun at American Digest has more advice on this for us, and it's not Letters to the Editors.

The View’s Sponsors include:

All Detergent (Unilever) (http://www.unileverusa.com/resources/contactus.asp)
BAM Power Cleaner ( Reckitt Benckiser)
Best Foods Mayonnaise http://www.bestfoods.com/contact_us.aspx
Bush’s Baked Beans http://www.bushbeans.com/contactus.php
Claritin-D (Schering-Plough) (Telephone: (908) 298-4000)
Clorox (thecloroxcompany.com)(http://thecloroxcompany.consumerreply.com/Clorox/thecloroxcompany/faqs.nsf/WebContactUs?OpenForm)
Whitening Rinse (P&G)(http://pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php)
Disney’s “Meet the Robinsons”
Dove Ice Cream (Mars, Inc.)Phone: 1-908-852-1000
Excedrin (Novartis)
Head & Shoulders Shampoo (P&G)(http://pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php)
Honey Buches of Oats (Kraftfoods.com)
Humira (Abbot Laboratories) 100 Abbott Park Road;Abbott Park, Illinois 60064-3500; Telephone: (847) 937-6100
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (Unilever)(http://www.unileverusa.com/resources/contactus.asp)
Janome Sewing Machines (fax (201) 825 - 3612)
Loestrin 24 (Warner Chilcott Inc.)Telephone: (973) 442-3200 Fax: (973) 442-3283
M&M’s (Mars Inc.)Phone: 1-908-852-1000
Marshall’s (customer service at 1-800-Marshalls)
Miracle-Gro (Call us Toll Free at: 1-888-295-6902)
Pepto Bismol (P&G) (http://pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php)
Pier 1 Imports (Customer Relations: (800) 245-4595)
Pillsbury Toaster Strudel (General Mills) (1-800-775-4777 between (7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. CT, weekdays)
Reach One Ultimate Clean ToothbrushScrubbing Bubbles (S.C. Johnson & Son Inc.)SearsSingulair (Merck)Phone: 908-423-1000
Stainmaster Carpet (http://www.invista.com/page_whois_index_en.shtml
Stanley Steemer ( 1-800-STEEMER)T. J. Maxx (call us at 1-800-926-6299)
Tide Laundry Detergent (P&G) (http://pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php)Vaseline Intensive Rescue Body Lotion (Unilever)(http://www.unileverusa.com/resources/contactus.asp)
Woolite (Reckitt Benckiser plc)
Zyrtec (Pfizer)Phone: 1-212-733-2323

I don't know about you, but the Tide is definitely going out where I live!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know one thing, I'm firing up my emails right now... if we can kill her sponsors, we end her blathering on tv.

Anonymous said...

"Again, do we have any idea of the rights and the responsibilities First Amendment freedom bestows on individuals in a country as free as ours? The operative work here is "individual." Not lemmings, weenie babies or herds of hyenias or government buracracies.
It's freedom to consenting adult individuals in a grand, free country like ours. In our country this freedom of speech not only doesn't guarantee that we'll never be offended. It assures us that we will be offended--early and often. And we'd better come to understand that sooner rather than later, or be prepared to give up our freedoms and status as adults who are called upon to develop the character quality of discernment.
Whether you agree with her or not, or her choice of words, this is free speech in action. And, in this country, it requires an adult individual response from the receiver, as well as the giver.

We'd better know. And if we don't, we'd better take a crash course to find out. The free speech correcters are getting louder and more demanding in their march towards political correctness and loss of individual freedom of speech. The weeniebabies are getting louder and louder.

And would put us all into a controlled speech straight jacket.
The First Amendment is not for the fainthearted. It's strong freedom and requires adults to handle it wisely. To learn to take what we want and leave the rest. And not get slobbering drunk every time someone says an unbecoming word."

Wasn't it just last month you were berating the "liberals" for bad-mouthing Ann Coulter? So now Rosie O'Donnell says something stupid (suprise) and this time it's "Get rid of the Tide! And the Best Foods Mayonaise! And cancel Stanley Steemer, immediately!!"

Care to comment on why when Ann Coulter calls someone a faggot (or calls for the poisoning of Supreme Court justices) us "weenies" should just buck up and accpet it, but when someone on the left says something offensive, the reponse is the complete opposite??

Webutante said...

I agree and have often said the First Amendment guarantees we will be offened early and often.

We've all been offended and will be again. However, the part of the equation we don't talk much about is that power of censorship and discernment lies---not with government---but with the individual, in what we choose to read, buy, listen to and watch, just to name a few.

And part of that First Amendment right is voting with one's pocket book. I have every right to boycott any product that sponsors Rosie, just as you have every tight to boycott Ann, her books and her sponsors.

First Amendment is not just about free speech, it's about choosing to receive or reject said speech in whatever ways are within the law.

And if throwing out my Tide and Miracle Grow are part of my exercising my First Amendment freedoms, then so be it. And if Rosie's sponsors dry up, then that's fine with me. She still has the right to find more, or to find other venues to spout off. Or to go quietly into the night...

Either way, I'm not going to listen to her on a regular basis, cause I think she's a nut.

It's often a messy, unruly process, but it's worked for over 200 years, and I'm cheering for free speech, even for the shrew, for yet another 200.

Unknown said...

Yikes there are so many listed here that I use! I think I will print this out to keep my shopping in line!

Let's send Rosie over "to parent" with the terrorists whom she claims are "mommy and daddies" just like us. I AM NOT just like them! This woman is getting loonier by the day.

Thanks for this post!

Anonymous said...

Of course, you have every right not to buy any product that sponsors a show you don't like. I would never, ever, spend one penny of my money on any book Ann Coulter writes - or any book Rosie O'Donnell writes either. They are the extremes on the political meter, and both delight in saying outrageous things to get publicity. I don't have much use for either, I guess, but they can say whatever they want.

My point was that last month you spent a considerable amount of time mocking people who felt offended by what Ann Coulter said, and then this week turned around and felt so outraged at what Rosie O'Donnell said that you are throwing all your detergent away and will never purchase an M&M again. More for the rest of us I suppose.

Someone here has been using my identity as "anonymous" so I guess I'll go with a new identity, so as not to get all of us anonymouses confused...

Anonymous said...

Can you possibly translate this list into Spanish so my housekeeper can read it?

Diane said...

More information on "The View" sponsor boycott at www.fallingpanda.com. Great video by Michelle Malkin.

Anonymous said...

Well I just wrote to P&G regarding Tide. Tide will always be my laundry soap, no matter where they advertise and I told them as much. In the meantime, where is all the discussion of what Rosie actually said? Where is the explanation of why building 7 went down in the way did. Anyone have any links with a rational, scientific reason for that particular buildings collapse?

Anonymous said...

Hey, here's an idea: Don't like Rosie O'Donnell on "The View"? Then DON'T WATCH IT! Turn to one of your other 498 TV channels and watch some other inane blatherers instead! What, has someone got a gun to your head?

By the way: How does one have a life composed of "non sequiturs"? I mean, seriously.

Unknown said...

Rosie's an idiot but...If President Bush didn't require any genuine sacrifice from Americans after 9/11, it's too late to ask us to give up our favorite sweets now.

Anonymous said...

As much as I hate Rosie, I was too lazy when I learned post 9/11 that Saudi oil money funds terrorism to buy a car that gets better mileage, and I was too lazy to sign up for the most important war ever. What makes you think I would give up my M&M's or toaster strudels for anything?