Friday, April 13, 2007

A Note to Commenters, No More Anonymous Comments, S'il Vous Plait

After thinking about this for a while, and surveying lots of other blogs I like, I've decided that I will no longer publish anonymous comments, here at Webutante.

If you want to comment, you may certainly keep your anonymity by using a pseudonym, as I do here. But you must have either a verifiable e-mail address that only I see, which will never be shown online, or a link to your own blog or website, which is usually published.

I am finding that the identites of too many anonymous commenters get confusing and confused.

So in the future, if you don't get a perfectly good, comment published here, it's because it's anonymous and unverifiable to me. Of course, it goes without saying that comments with obscenities, and personal attacks have not and will never get posted.

Thank you for all your past comments, and I hope you will return again here to post an opinion whenever you want to, whether you agree with me or not. And private feedback to me is always welcome through e-mail: webutante@gmail.com.

Best wishes.

No comments: