Saturday, December 23, 2006

Slow Time for Blogging and More Time for Praying for Ricky

I had so many things I wanted to post here at Christmas. But alas, I have been so busy that I have fallen short of that goal. On top of that, my fairly regular Christmas funk has set in and I'm simply not much good for anything right now.

I love most every holiday, especially Thanksgiving. But as Christmas rolls around, I find myself wanting to crawl into a hole for a few days and be quiet.

Today I learned that a lovely man I have known for years was hit by a car while changing a flat tire on the side of the highway. When I heard he was not expected to live, or if he does, will sustain major brain damage, I dropped everything to go to see him at the trauma unit at the city's biggest hospital.

I was so deeply touched and grieved when I went into his room and saw him suffering and fighting so valiantly for his life today that I have not been able to bounce back. Instead, I have on and off grieved this man's suffering intensely and am feeling completely exhausted.

I am praying for Ricky Primm and his family. And if you can spare a minute, please pray for him too. And for all those who are in pain today.

God bless and comfort this fine man in his deepest hour of suffering and intense need. I am not sure what else to even pray for right now.

No comments: