Monday, December 18, 2006

Internet Now Surpasses Newspapers In Readership



Here is an interesting new study on the decline of newspapers and rise of Internet use for readers, according to Editor and Publisher, the country's oldest journal covering the newspaper business.

Of course, for the vast majority of Americans, television is still the media of choice. Then it's radio and next computers. But utilizing computers for information and opinion is a growing phenomena with no end in sight.

And reading news, analysis and opinion on blogs and collections of blogs like at PajamasMedia.com is only going to grow as the media to go to,
especially for people who are tired of the same ole, same ole, liberal bias from the worn out Main Stream Media (MSM).

As I reflect on my own use of various mediums, it's startling to me how little television I watch anymore for news, and even entertainment. I find most of it a wasteland. Also stunning how much more I use my computer to get news, opinion and real information.

I tend to listen to the radio more in my car and turn on the TV more in the coldest part of winter than the rest of the year. But I'm probably not typical of the average person in the study. And I'm also a new blogger, which requires more time on the computer.

1 comment:

jbird said...

Since my husband and I have been on the road, we don't have a t.v. at all. I get all my info from the computer. I can stream news shows from Fox, listen to any radio station in America and read blogs and the AP/UPI feeds are instantaneous. If we want to watch a movie, we just put it in our disc drive in the computer. My husband calls the television "the devil box" and now, I have to agree with him. I think it deadens you to some degree. It is an excuse not to accomplish anything during the day that could be filled with more meaningful activity.