Saturday, July 14, 2007

When God Plays Jokes, Whadda Expect?


What's a nice conservative woman like me doing with liberal friends who not only believe everything they read in the MSM, but who actually help create the myths I constantly attempt to debunk here? What kind of joke is God playing on me when he keeps bringing these kinds of people into my life?

Add to that they have a rare outrageous sense of humor f(or a liberal), that makes me laugh uproariously in spite of myself, and are about to arrive from the elite EAST for a five-day visit?

I pray and then get out the big guns!

Most of the time, I keep my most un-demure sense of humor in check. However, I will need it in spades starting today and bring out much mischief in order to keep the upper hand in my own living quarters. It won't be easy, believe me.

I am about to have a NON-STOP, LIVE LIBERAL COMMENTER in my creekside abode, with no comments moderation except maybe earplugs, a little jar of crushed garlic in my frig, my iPod, a fire extinguisher and a little cannister of red pepper spray for bears.

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

To wit: I've just pasted on the wall of the guest room---actually over one of the beds---this postcard photo I received in the mail yesterday of one of my all-time favorite conservative men. He, of course, is Darth Vader, Dracula, and Satan all rolled up in one to the libs (except of course the two other big Satans---Bush and Cheney!) more dreaded than the great grizzly bear.

But to me he's strong, attractive, masculine with a wicked sense of humor. Nearby on the bedside table: The Claremont Review of Books with articles such as "Is the Left Patriotic" awaits this imminent assault on reason.

I have other tricks up my sleeve. But for now, I'll let the postcard scotch taped on the wall do the welcoming.....should be fun. If I don't come back to my blog in due time, please send the Secret Service out to look for me!

Life is filled with irony.

Meanwhile, here's a very funny little clip on that all-time favorite conservative man:

15 comments:

Rita Loca said...

He ,he, he! A girl after my own heart!!!

Tregonsee said...

Perhaps a copy of Dick Morris' "Rewriting History" for a going away present? Or perhaps Jonah Goldberg's "Liberal Fascism: The Totalitarian Temptation from Mussolini to Hillary Clinton."

Anonymous said...

Ever hear of Bruce Fein? A nationally renoun Constitutional law scholar, Bruce Fein drafted the First Article of Impeachment against Bill Clinton. He served as Ronald Reagan's Deputy Attorney General and has been a Scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Inst. and the Heritage Foundation.

Considering his qualifications and the fact that he certainly is no 'liberal' ... you might want to discuss with your visitors his recent article and interview on the eight grounds for the impeachment of Dick Cheney. His article is entitled:
"Impeach Cheney: The vice president has run utterly amok and must be stopped."

Unknown said...

Oh Web! I don't know which was funnier, your post or the video clip! I'm looking forward to hearing how this visit went!!!

Unknown said...

Rummy was the best. Man, do I miss that guy. I loved watching all of his press briefings, because he finally answered stupid and liberal questions alike the way they were supposed to be answered--with biting humor and razor sharp conservative logic.

That's one of the reasons that I like Fred Thompson right now (I know, it's really early for '08 talk). He's not afraid, so far, to take a stand and speak out about his beliefs.

Have fun with the visitors.

Anonymous said...

I hope your next visitors from the East will be more gentle. Advice: l.Don't bring up war(only solution get the hell out) 2. Global warming (it's a fact) 3. George Bush before meals (gag!)4. Fred Thompson (a loser already)5. Immigration (we kick 'em out, nothing gets built and you can't eat chicken anymore)6. Muslims (an opportunity to take either side)Which leaves fish! And that's enough.

Anonymous said...

Web, you should totally question your friend's patriotism and loyalty to America. Liberals love that, and it's something so funny it never goes out of style!!

Anonymous said...

Patriotism is not exclusive to any party. We both value the opportunity to discuss the important issues of the day, the fun to disagree, and the indestructability of a real friendship.

And anyway, Web was surprised to learn that while I don't applaud Rumsfield's policies, I've always found him a very attractive man. On that we both agree.

Webutante said...

Thanks for your comment, my happy houseguest, it's fun having you here in spite of yourself; however, no matter how nice you are, and how civilized our disagreements....you still can't take my picture of Donald---that's over your bed--back to the East with you...

Bob's Blog said...

Do tell us how the week goes. Can you get Rush Limbaugh beamed in to the cabins? He was magnificent today, as he always is when he is speaking from his heart.

Anonymous said...

Web's houseguest, I completely agree. My best friends are all moderate to conservative Republicans. None of them have ever questioned my patriotism.

I think that far too often these days, loyalty to our country seems to be determined by loyalty to George W. Bush, not to the ideals of democracy. Personally, I think it's dangerous, and completely misguided, but the rank and file conservative Republicans (many of whom seem to clamor endlessly for more wars, while never finding a way to fight them) seem to enjoy playing the loyalty game. I say, Bring It On!

Webutante said...

Vienna, you're beating a dead horse.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, just calling it like I see it. Prove me wrong.

Anonymous said...

Another thought. Ten to one Dick Cheney never released a fish.

Webutante said...

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say. Why on earth would you think that? Utter meanness? I for one fished with him in the JH One Fly and he released all his fish. And the people I know who go down the rivers here with him all fish catch and release.

You can do better than this, honey bun.