Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tim Corbin Head Baseball Coach at Vanderbilt, A Man After My Own Heart



Last night, HG and I went to the Vanderbilt baseball game with LSU. The top rated college team in the nation beat LSU 6-2.

It was a beautiful evening to be outside, the fans have lots to be enthusiastic about and the newly renovated stadium is one of the nicest in the country--with seat backs on every single seat. Although I lost interest in Vandy's football teams decades ago as they continued to flounder in the SEC, this baseball phenomena is really fun to follow. Not since the Titans won the Superbowl a few years ago has this town had so much to be excited about sport wise. Eddie George may be long gone but now we have Mark Minor, Pedro Alvarez, David Price, and Dominic de la Osa.

Head Coach Tim Corbin is truly a man after my own heart in many ways: He loves the Waffle House, as I do, especially in the wee hours of the morning (they have the best coffee--so far and above Starbucks, in my opinion), and he says he can look at a team member's locker and how orderly and neatly it's kept and predict his future success in baseball and beyond.

What's there not to like about a man who has such wisdom?

3 comments:

Don Surber said...

Cleanest office I have ever seen. Great clip.

The Doors, eh? (I know, it is the Commodores) Good clip. FNC should pick up on it

Webutante said...

Yeah, Don, Corbin seems like a great guy and outstanding coach.

Mizz E said...

...He says he can look at a team member's locker and how orderly and neatly it's kept and predict his future success in baseball and beyond....

I've always said - If I were an HR person, I'd want to catch a glimpse of the interior or a woman's pocketbook and a man's car before I made my final decision.