Wednesday, May 09, 2007

More Than 2.5 Million Watching Much Less TV Than Two Months Ago

Do you watch less television than you did a year ago? Then you, and I, are not alone:

"NEW YORK (AP) - Maybe they're outside in the garden. They could be playing softball. Or perhaps they're just plain bored. In TV's worst spring in recent memory, a startling number of Americans drifted away from television the past two months: More than 2.5 million fewer people were watching ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox than at the same time last year, statistics show. "

Read the whole thing here.

With the decline in quality of programming and the rise of computers, is it any wonder that this statistic isn't even greater? Look for that number to increase over time.

I'm doing my part: except for national crisies, I watch about 3 hours a month, if even that. And in summer, maybe I watch 1 hour per month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, "Yea!"
2.5 million of us are giving the MSM and the assinine reality tv shows an important message; instead of giving them the finger, we are refusing to use our finger to push the power button.