Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Quotes For the Day: Will Rogers

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts."

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

"Our Constitution protects aliens, drunks and U.S. Senators."

----Will Rogers, Noted American Humorist

****************************************

Sometimes I have a million words to write and then I look around the blogosphere and see all the erudite things going on and get overwhelmed (after all I'm a woman). I decide there's absolutely nothing I can add to further the conversation, and, in fact, there are far , far too many good words out there already.

And often I feel a long post is the height of self -indulgence.

So I go for a bit of levity, brevity and humor from someone else. Thus, today I bring up Will Rogers who always makes me laugh. And, FYI, one of my favorite hiking spots in the world is the Will Rogers State Historical Park off Sunset Blvd. in LA. If you climb far and high enough, you can see all of LA, the Pacific Ocean all the way to Japan and have a not-so-straight hike to Malibu.

Hat tip RSC e-mail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Will Rogers too! I'm so happy you included a few of his funnies. I hope you're having a super splendid day in the Lord!

Bob's Blog said...

There is a Will rogers Memorial above Colorado Springs that is similar to the one you describe.