Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cleaning Out/Organizing Closets and Office


I finally locked myself in solitary confinement today with a box of garbage bags, old boxes and a high tech broom and dust pan.

Papers, files, clothes, vestiges of Christmas decorations, magazines and cataloges flew out the door, into the bags and on to the dumpster.

I became a one-focused manical power tool, stopping only once to check e-mails. Then back to the grindstone. Later, I treated myself to a trip to Office Town to pickup a few book-ends and other organizing stuff to get myself back in disciplined, organized work mode.

I still have a way to go, but in a few more days, I will have shed much extra baggage and be ready to take on the challenges of 2007. It always feels great to get life back into at least a semblance of order and the unbearable lightness of being.

No comments: