Sunday, November 26, 2006

Loneliness and the Life of Joseph, the Kid Sold Into Slavery by His Brothers in Genesis 40

One of my favorite stories from the Old Testament is the tale of brotherly treachery and the way God used it for good in the life of Joseph, son of Jacob. Dr. David Jeremiah talks about it here.

After being falsely accused, hear how iron entered Joseph's soul and toughened him up for leadership beyond his wildest dreams in the loneliness of prison.

*******************************************************

A prayer for those earnestly searching for Truth.

Lord Jesus, you claim to be the way, the truth, and the life. Grant that I might come to know You in a living way and not just through another dead religion. Grant that I be undaunted by the cost of following you, as I consider reasons for doing so. If what you claim is true, please guide me, teach me and open me to the living reality of who you are. Give me an understanding of you that is coherent, convincing, and that leads to the life you promise. Amen.

(Thanks to Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City, for this prayer.)

No comments: