Thursday, August 09, 2007

And the Winner is....Dallas


Of all the cities in America, there's none I like better than Dallas, Texas. It's smart, sophisticated, conservative, Christian, but much less fearful, narrow and provincial than many--most--other cities in the Southeastern U.S, or many other cities for that matter. The only problem is, there aren't any hills here and that's a problem for a country girl, like me.

The women in Dallas, look like women should. Feminine. But I don't think they know a thing about fly fishing or hiking.

When I arrive here from Wyoming every August for the past six years, I want a total makeover: hair, nails, feet, wardrobe and high-heeled shoes.

But for now, I settle for a Christian counsellor and spiritual director whom I check in with several times a year. I am most blessed to be able to do this.

No comments: