Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm Liking Humor Right Now

"Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing."
--William James

"You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can find humor in anything, even poverty, you can survive it."
--Bill Cosby

As the days get shorter and the holidays approach, as liberals get ready to take back Congress and run up the white flag in Iraq and elsewhere, as radical California type liberals converge to define our policies on immigration, taxation, and castagation of President Bush et al., I am feeling the need for large doses of humor and optimism to recharge my batteries. A time-out from worldly wisdom and catastropic predictions.

And I am feeling the need for large doses of prayer.

Maybe I'm alone in employing such a basket of coping mechanisms, but there you have it.

I pray optimism will come back soon. But for now, I seek solace in the small things in life, and prayer and laughter, along with long walks in the park, are certainly some of the best ways I know of to cope when sunshine seems to have fled.

No comments: